BECOME A VOLUNTEER – INFO
Please read the information below if you wish to become a volunteer with Green Paw Project
- Our animals always come first!
- Volunteers are 100% dedicated to the cause of Green Paw Project
- All volunteers are equally responsible for the animals wellbeing, as well as for the maintenance of the clinic and living area (when available).
- Volunteers are open-minded. They must treat each other and the locals with respect
- Volunteers can offer their services for a minimum of two weeks or up to the full duration of the project
- Volunteers are team players
It is paramount that our volunteers work as a team towards our mutual goal. This is the best way to ensure we provide quality veterinary care to the animals that need it. Our other priority is to spread knowledge about animal care, encouraging further awareness worldwide.
Sometimes it can be quite a shock when you arrive in a new country. Often there will be large cultural and financial differences between our volunteers and the locals they encounter. You must remember that you are a visitor in someone else’s country. The way other nationalities treat their animals, however jarring it might seem, must be approached with a clear and calm mind.
Our mobile clinic is open 5 days a week. We also make ourselves available during weekends to provide for emergencies, in-patient care and clinic maintenance. Keep in mind that volunteers will often be scheduled to work weekends.
Our standard hours are from 8.00am to 5.00pm, although these can vary depending on community demands. It should be noted that our leading vet is also responsible for making the weekly schedule, which is non-negotiable. Of course volunteers are able to request free-time during the application process, however no guarantees can be made since it’s likely the workload will vary day-to-day.
Accommodation, food and donation cost
Each project requires a $15USD (Around £10 / 13.5 Euros) donation per day. This will help to cover costs like food and accommodation. Three vegetarian meals will be provided daily, plus fruit, snacks and beverages. Accommodation info will be available upon request.
- To work full days, 7 days a week for a minimum of 2 weeks
- To be available for emergencies if needs be
- To remain on site during the time that work has been scheduled, unless prior arrangements have been made
Remember, all volunteers work under the direction of the leading Green Paw Project veterinarian. You will also be required to follow the auspices of the TAD/Green Paw Project board. Green Paw Project functions within the organisational structure, protocols, policies and programs determined by Travelling Animal Doctors/Green Paw Project in compliance and in agreement with local authorities.